Monday 12 March 2018

Daniel Jeffries - Top 5 Underrated Restaurants in Clarksville Tennessee


These restaurants may not look like much on the outside, but you’ll be amazed by the quality of the food.  Why wait for 30 mins+ for a table at Cheddar’s when you can avoid the lines by eating at a lesser-known hole in the wall?  Here are what I believe to be the most underrated restaurants in Clarksville:

1.  Smoove's Grill
When I first saw that the price per pound for pulled pork and brisket here were about half the price of other BBQ joints in Clarksville, I was skeptical.  How could they afford to sell high-quality meat at $8 per pound?  I don’t know how they do it, but they make the best BBQ I’ve ever tasted.  The ribs are so tender, the meat literally melts right off the bone!  If I were passing through Clarksville and could only stop at one place for lunch, this would definitely be where I’d go.



2.  La Morenita
I know I shouldn’t have two Mexican restaurants on the same list, but I just can’t help myself.  I never would have guessed that Clarksville of all places would have quality Mexican grub, but I’m glad that these places proved me wrong.  Definitely try the chorizo and huevo rancheros here.



3.  Keondra’s Restaurant
Soul food, a staple cuisine of Southern culture.  This place has it all:  catfish, biscuits and gravy, and you can even order off menu sometimes!  Their green beans are the most fresh I’ve ever tasted; be sure to order an extra portion!



4.  El GrullenseTaqueria
As a former resident of LA, I’ve had plenty of amazing meals at taco trucks and stands, and La Morenita matches the best of those in quality.  They have mastered the use of Southwestern spices; not too salty, and just the right amount of kick!  Try the tripe or lengua if you’re feeling bold!




5.  Tropicana
The only Dominican restaurant in Clarksville that I know of, which makes it the best Dominican restaurant here by default.  You can’t go wrong with the baked chicken, steak, or shrimp pasta here.



Posted by:-
Daniel Jeffries

Daniel Jeffries Clarksville Tennessee


No comments:

Post a Comment